The action-thriller Haywire and Shakespeare's classic The Tempest starring Helen Mirren are part of the lineup for the Kean Theatre's free movie series in July.
The movies are shown on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1 p.m.—and are aptly named Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1.
The free movies are sponsored by UPMC Health Plan.
The Kean Theatre is located on the St. Barnabas campus in Richland Township; the address is 5847 Meridian Road, Gibsonia. Here is the lineup for July:
- July 10 – Haywire (R) – A black ops super soldier seeks payback after she is betrayed and set up during a mission. Directed by Steven Soderbergh. Runs 1 hour and 33 minutes.
- July 17 – We Need to Talk About Kevin (R) – A gripping and psychological drama about a factious relationship between a mother and son. Runs 1 hour and 52 minutes.
- July 24 – The Tempest (PG-13) – Shakespeare’s epic play stars Helen Mirren in the lead role. Runs 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- July 31 – The Deep Blue Sea (R) –The wife of a British judge is caught in a self-destructive affair with a Royal Air Force pilot. Runs 1 hour and 38 minutes.
- July 11 – John Carter (PG-13) – A Civil War vet finds himself transplanted on Mars, a lush planet inhabited by 12-foot barbarians, in this spectacular Disney adventure. Runs 2 hours and 12 minutes.
- July 18 – This Means War (PG-13) – Two top CIA operatives wage an epic battle against one another after they discover they are dating the same woman, played by Reese Witherspoon. Laugh-out-loud comedy. Runs 1 hour and 37 minutes.
- July 25 – A Thousand Words (PG-13) – Comedy about a fast-talking agent who discovers a limit placed on how many words he can use in his lifetime. Eddie Murphy stars. Runs 1 hour and 31 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is open to the public. It is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fundraising arm of St. Barnabas Health System.