This article was written and reported by Editor Amanda Gillooly
The Steelers and Heinz Field have announced details regarding a new bag policy that will go into effect this season—one that prohibits diaper bags and large purses.
Heinz Field encourages fans to not bring in any type of bags. However, the following style and size bags are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches.
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bag.
- Small clutch purses, approximately the size of a hand, or 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches with or without a handle or strap, may be carried into the stadium along with one of the clear bag options.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at each gate.
- Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag, however diaper bags are not permitted.
- Each member of a family, including children, will be able to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse.
This policy will be in effect for all University of Pittsburgh football games as well as all concerts at Heinz Field.
This policy does not pertain to media or working staff at Heinz Field, though security screening will still take place at all points of entry for such guests.
A complete list of the new policy can be found on www.steelers.com/allclear.