Wondering what the recently renovated and expanded looks like on the inside?
The public is invited to a 6:30 p.m. dedication ceremony Thursday.
Afterward, tours will be conducted of the new Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics (STEAM) Center, as well as the updated music, global studies, food court and cafeteria areas from 7 to 9 p.m.
Visitors can taste complimentary mini samples of the meals provided by Pine-Richland's food service provider, Sodexo Inc.
"They will have the chance to see what great things the students are doing in the classrooms, labs and performance areas and even hear a little song and instrument from our students, who participate in the PR chorus, jazz ensemble and strings programs," according to a press release from Communications Director Rachel Hathhorn.
The school is hosting club sign-up night for students and an open house for parents, who can meet and greet teachers in the classrooms.
Pine-Richland High School AFJROTC cadets will help direct visitors into the building and will be part of the dedication ceremony.
PRHS Student Government, Future Business Leaders of America and the National Honor Society members will help lead the tours through the new building.
New features of Pine-Richland High School located at 700 Warrendale Road in Gibsonia (Pine Township) include:
- A 106,388-square-foot addition to the 272,594 existing square footage.
- An expanded kitchen and cafeteria.
- A new global studies department to integrate into the social studies and world languages.
- A fully renovated and expanded music wing.
- A STEAM Center (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts & Mathematics).
- A redesigned entrance to the high school.
- A parking lot design geared to safer navigation for students, buses and car drivers.
- Code blue emergency call kiosks in front of and behind the high school.
- Additional security cameras.