Welcome to Last Chance, a Patch series reminding you of deadlines you don't want to miss. This week's dates to remember?
1. Pennsylvania voters who plan to vote in the upcoming primary election April 24 must be registered by the end of the day today.
- Registered voters who have moved or changed their name or party affiliation also must notify their local elections bureau or office by the end of the day, according to the Allegheny County Elections Division. Voters must be registered as a member of a political party in order to vote in the party’s primary election.
- In order to register, voters must be 18 or older on the day of the primary election and U.S. citizens for at least one month prior to the election.
- Voters also must be residents of the districts in which they plan to vote for at least 30 days prior to the election.
- Allegheny County residents who wish to register may apply in person between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. in the Office of the Registration Commission, Room 609 in the County Office Building, 542 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh. The Elections Division will remain open until 5 p.m. today to accept hand-delivered voter registration forms.
- Registration-by-mail forms must be postmarked no later than today to be processed for the primary. Forms may be obtained by visiting www.votespa.com and following the quick link to “Register to Vote.”
- Allegheny County residents may verify their registration status or obtain more information by contacting the Elections Division or calling the office at 412-350-4510.
2.) Business owners have until Saturday, March 31 to help the Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank by claiming their listing in our Patch Places directories. For every claimed listing, Patch will donate $5 in advertising to the food bank.
Not sure how? Watch the video, then take advantage of your free listing's benefits.
Do you know about an important deadline coming up? Share it in the comments below, and we’ll consider including it in our next Last Chance feature.