As we continue to see flurries of beautiful snow in our area, here are 5 essential tips for minding your manners when it snows!!
1. Clean off your car (including the roof) before taking it to the streets. This is mainly for safety reasons as snow flying off of your car can impair the view of drivers behind you.
2. When borrowing a snow blower or shovel from a neighbor, return it in its original condition, if not cleaner! Be sure to refill the gas tank of the blower as well.
3. If you’d like a meaningful way to “pay it forward,” consider grooming your neighbor’s driveway/sidewalk as well. Especially if they are elderly and/or ill, take a few extra moments to clear their walkway and the area around their mailbox.
4. Removing the snow from your property is fine, but be careful not to simply displace it onto your neighbor’s driveway or walkway. Also, be aware that smaller cars might get stuck in the street if you pile it there, so it’s best to find a spot on your own property to make your pile.
5. Talk to your kids about snowball fight behavior. A good snowball war is always a fun tradition, but please remind your children that they should never aim for others' faces (snow can cut!) and that throwing snowballs at moving cars or other people’s property is always a No-No.
Enjoy this beautiful season!