recognized six people in July as Employees of the Month.
Winners are chosen for their strong work ethic, dedication and commitment to excellence. They were selected from among more than 600 employees:
- Laura Kiefer of Ambridge received her first Employee of the Month Award. A dental assistant for , Kiefer has worked at St. Barnabas since 2003.
- Orsolya Meszaros of Richland Township is a food service assistant for The Arbors III at St. Barnabas. She has worked at St. Barnabas since 2011 and received her first Employee of the Month award.
- Janet Schlafly of Cranberry Township is a hospitality hostess at St. Barnabas Communities. She received her fifth Employee of the Month award. She has worked at St. Barnabas since 2001.
- Shawn Spithaler of West Sunbury is a certified nursing assistant for Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas. He has worked at St. Barnabas since 2011 and received his first Employee of the Month award.
- Sarah Wenzel of Evans City is a certified nursing assistant at . She received her first Employee of the Month award. She has worked at St. Barnabas since 2000.
- Belinda Wilker of Jefferson Borough received her fourth Employee of the Month award. She is the secretary to the senior vice president of St. Barnabas Health System. She has worked at St. Barnabas since 2004.
St. Barnabas Health System serves approximately 900 inpatients and residents, plus 35,000 outpatients and home care clients.
The health system is composed of the St. Barnabas Communities, including The Village at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas and White Tail Ridge; St. Barnabas Clinical Services, including St. Barnabas Nursing Home, St. Barnabas Medical Center, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas and The Arbors at St. Barnabas; and St. Barnabas Charities, the fundraising arm, which includes the Kean Theatre and Rudolph Auto Repair.