The Kean Quest Talent Search is down to the final 30 contestants.
The vocalists will vie for the Judges' Choice Award and the Audience Choice Award on March 30 at the on the campus in Richland Township. The show will start at 7 p.m.
After two rounds of competition on Sunday, 16-year-old BrittNee Watkins, of Pittsburgh, and 15-year-old Jaira Burns, of Vandergrift advanced, winning the Audience Choice Award.
The judges also chose these 28 to advance:
- Cheyenne Cenk, 13, Sewickley
- Vanessa Clarke-Deaver, 12, Latrobe
- Reed Demangone, 11, Latrobe
- Brittany Dilliott, 15, Arnold
- Morgan Engle, 11, Gibsonia
- Sara Hopkins, 14, Avalon
- Michaela Isenberg, 12, Bethel Park
- Julia Maletta, 9, Pittsburgh
- Allison Mizgorski, 15, Butler
- Greta Schaltenbrand, 16, Allison Park
- Delaney Schmidt, 12, Wexford
- Anna Thomas, 13, Kittanning
- Tabitha White, 15, Pittsburgh
- Savannah Wiggins, 14, Penn Hills
- Ashlyn Beatrice, 8, New Brighton
- Melanie Berexa, 15, Gibsonia
- Leila Cenk, 8, Gibsonia
- Sarah Fair, 15, Allison Park
- Claire Fonzo, 13, Irwin
- Olivia Gill, 14, McCandless Twp.
- Samantha Lucas, 13, McCandless Twp.
- Jenna Peluso, 13, McCandless Twp.
- Kelsey Hillock, 16, Gibsonia
- Kiersten Kelly, 16, Imperial
- Kenzie Palmer, 17, West Middlesex
- Hannah Roadway, 9, Pittsburgh
- Hope Morgan Savasta, 11, Eighty Four
- Shane Treloar, 10, McDonald
- Jordann Versaw, 13, Mars
- Maria Vervos, 14, Mars
Tickets are available at the door for $10.
The 2012 Kean Quest Talent Search benefits the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund, which in 2011 provided nearly $5.2 million to poor and low-income residents at , Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas and
The will be presented for the second year in a row to a contestant who has participated in Kean Quest for two years or more and displays determination, commitment and vocal talent.
Jackie was a Kean Quest contestant in 2008 and 2009 before becoming an international singing star on America’s Got Talent.
Pine-Richland Patch encourages readers to submit information about happenings in the community. The information above was submitted by Shelli Sommariva and Megan Hoffman on behalf of St. Barnabas Health System. If you have news you'd like to share about your group or event, please email the information and photos to Editor Cindy Cusic Micco at firstname.lastname@example.org