Ready to take in a movie on a Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon for free?
The has a May lineup that includes "The Iron Lady," "War Horse" and more.
Free movies are show at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays and 1 p.m on Wednesdays at the theater on the St. Barnabas campus at 5847 Meridian Road in Gibsonia. The Kean Theatre is open to the public.
The movie series is sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. Here's the May lineup:
- May 8—Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (R)—Gary Oldman received an Oscar nomination for this Cold War thriller about a Russian Spy in MI6. Runs two hours and seven minutes.
- May 15—War Horse (PG-13)—Steven Spielberg’s World War I story of a boy, a horse and a war. Nominated for six Oscars. Runs two hours and 26 minutes.
- May 22—The Iron Lady (PG-13)—Meryl Streep won her third Oscar for her performance as British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Runs one hour and 45 minutes.
- May 29—Contraband (R)—Marc Wahlberg climbs into the seedier side to protect his brother-in-law from a drug lord. Runs one hour and 49 minutes.
- May 2—The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (R)—The terrifying mystery of a man looking for a girl who has been missing for 40 years. Runs two hours and 38 minutes.
- May 9—Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (PG-13)—The Oscar-nominated story of a boy, a key and the death of his father on Sept. 11, 2001. Runs two hours and nine minutes.
- May 16—We Bought a Zoo (PG)—A touching story of a family who moves to the country and renovates an old zoo. Matt Damon stars. Runs two hours and four minutes.
- May 23—Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (PG-13)—Tom Cruise and his team are back in the best mission ever. Runs two hours and 13 minutes.
- May 30—The Adventures of Tintin (PG)—This delightful animated tale of a young reporter and his dog received an Oscar nomination. Runs one hour and 47 minutes.
—Submitted by Shelli Sommariva and Megan Hoffman on behalf of St. Barnabas Health System. If you have news you'd like to share, please email Editor Cindy Cusic Micco at firstname.lastname@example.org