Scrooge, The Dark Knight Rises and Hollywood Christmas are among the free movies being shown in December at the Kean Theatre.
Here is the lineup for the movies to be shown at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays and 1 p.m. on Wednesdays in the theater at 5847 Meridian Road on the St. Barnabas campus in Richland Township:
- Dec. 4—Prometheus (R) – A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
- Dec. 11—Men in Black 3 (PG-13) – Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones are back to fight off the aliens. This time Smith travels back in time to the beginning of Men in Black. Runs 1 hour and 46 minutes.
- Dec. 18—Scrooge (G) – The musical retelling of Charles Dickens’ legendary tale. Albert Finney stars. Runs 1 hour and 53 minutes.
- Dec. 5—The Amazing Spiderman (PG-13) – Peter Parker returns in this amazing fourth installment about the web slinger. Runs 2 hours and 16 minutes.
- Dec. 12—The Dark Knight Rises (PG-13) – The Dark Knight returns to battle Bane and Catwomen. Filmed in Pittsburgh. Runs 2 hours and 45 minutes.
- Dec. 19—Hollywood Christmas (R) – A collection of clips from the great Christmas movies produced over the past half-century. A warm look back. Runs 1 hour and 30 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fundraising arm of St. Barnabas Health System.