Pitch Perfect is just one of eight movies offered to the public for free during January at the Kean Theatre.
The theater on the St. Barnabas campus in Richland Township presents a series of movies at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays and 1 p.m. on Wednesdays. (Set your GPS for 5847 Meridian Road in Gibsonia.)
The Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1 movie series is sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. Here is the January lineup:
- Jan. 8—Pitch Perfect (PG-13)—This all-girl singing group interjects some much needed energy into their repertoire to take on their male rivals. Runs 1 hour and 52 minutes.
- Jan. 15—Last Ounce of Courage (PG)—Years after his father’s death, the son of a fallen soldier tries to reconnect with his grandfather, who is still grieving the loss of his child. Runs 1 hour and 41 minutes.
- Jan. 22—Unforgivable (NR)—While working on his new novel, a crime writer’s obsessions with his wife’s daily whereabouts take a dark turn when they relocate to a remote house on Torcello Island. Runs 1 hour and 51 minutes.
- Jan. 29—Total Recall (PG-13)—A factory worker suspects that he is a spy after visiting Rekall, a company that provides its clients with implanted fake memories of a life they would like to have led. Dennis Quaid stars. Runs 1 hour and 58 minutes.
- Jan. 9—The Words (PG-13)—A writer at the peak of his literary success discovers the steep price he must pay for stealing another man’s work. Runs 1 hour and 37 minutes.
- Jan. 16—The Odd Life of Timothy Green (PG)—A childless couple bury a box in their backyard containing their wishes for an infant. Soon, a child is born, though Timothy Green is not all that he appears. Runs 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Jan. 23—Ted (R)—As a result of a childhood wish, John’s teddy bear, Ted, came to life. But their friendship is tested when John’s girlfriend wants more from their relationship. Runs 1 hour and 46 minutes.
- Jan. 30—Arbitrage (R)—A troubled hedge fund magnate desperate to complete the sale of his trading empire makes an error that forces him to turn to an unlikely person for help. Runs 1 hour and 47 minutes.
The theater is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System. St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.
Please help us get to 1,000 Facebook “likes” by clicking here and “liking” us.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.