This is sure to send you on your way
Pittsburgh’s Rusted Root is known for its unique beats and now drummer Jim Donovan, one of the band’s founding members, is readying to share his musical experience with others.
Donovan will lead a drum and chant workshop from 7 to 9 p.m. March 8 at Bottlebrush: A Gallery for the Arts in Harmony. Beginners are welcome at the event. The drums will be provided.
A musician, teacher and certified Reiki practitioner, Donovan believes in using the power of musical expression to motivate people to step more fully into their lives.
The drum and chant workshop will show participants how to:
- Energize the brain and clear the mind
- Lessen resistance, fear and apathy
- Create deep relaxation and stress relief
- Expand conscious awareness
- Unblock energetic and emotional congestion
- Open creative thinking and expression
The tools used will be:
- Ecstatic Drumming Rhythms
- Vocal Toning and Mantra
- Rejuvenating Breathing Exercises
- Group Support and Community Creation
Tickets to the event are $35 in advance and $45 at the door. To register, call 724-452-0539 or register online at http://www.jimdonovandrums.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3513658
Please help us get to 1,000 Facebook “likes” by clicking here and “liking” us.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.