Mirror, Mirror and War Horse are among eight movies featured in March at the Kean Theatre.
The movies are shown for free at 2 p.m. on Tuesdays and 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the theater at 5847 Meridian Road, Gibsonia (Richland Township).
Here's the lineup for the Kean's Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1 movie series for March 2013. Though no admission fee is charged, donations are accepted. Those who donate will be entered into a drawing for a special gift.
The movie series is sponsored by UPMC Health Plan.
- March 5—The Greening of Whitney Brown (PG) – Whitney is thrown out of her comfort zone when her family moves from the city to the country. There she learns the meaning of family and belonging. Runs 1 hour and 27 minutes.
- March 12— Mirror, Mirror (PG) – Remake of the classic Grimm fairytale starring Julia Roberts as the evil Queen. Runs 1 hour and 56 minutes.
- March 19—Man on a Ledge (PG-13) – As a police psychologist tries to talk down an ex-con who is threatening to jump from a Manhattan rooftop, the biggest diamond heist ever committed is in motion. Runs 1 hour and 42 minutes.
- March 26—The Vow (PG-13) – A husband works to win back his newlywed wife’s heart after she wakes up from a coma with severe memory loss. Channing Tatum and Rachel McAdams star. Runs 1 hour and 44 minutes.
- March 6—Life as a House (R) – Faced with terminal cancer, George decides to construct a beautiful new house while trying to reconnect with his estranged son. Kevin Kline and Hayden Christenson star. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
- March 13—War Horse (PG-13) – The majestic World War I drama centered on the faithful bond between a man and his horse that is sold to the cavalry. Steven Spielberg directs. Runs 2 hours and 26 minutes.
- March 20—Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (PG-13) – A nine-year-old boy embarks on an emotional odyssey through New York City believing his father left him a message before he died on 9/11. Stars Tom Hanks and Sandra Bullock. Runs 2 hours and 9 minutes.
- March 27—The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (PG-13) – To make the most of their retirement savings, a group of British seniors move to India to live out their golden years at the Marigold Hotel. Runs 2 hours and 4 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fund-raising arm of St. Barnabas Health System.
St. Barnabas Health System includes St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas, The Arbors at St. Barnabas, The Village at St. Barnabas, The Woodlands at St. Barnabas, The Washington Place at St. Barnabas, White Tail Ridge, St. Barnabas Medical Center and Rudolph Auto Repair.
Please help us get to 1,000 Facebook “likes” by clicking here and “liking” us.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.