Looking for a cool—and cheap way—for you and the family to cool off in the months ahead?
Kean Theatre on Meridian Road in Richland will begin hosting recently released movies or timeless classics on Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons in May.
There is no admission charge, but donations are accepted.
Those who donate will be entered into a drawing for a special gift. Both the Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1 p.m. movie series are sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. For more information, call 724-444-5326.
The May 2013 lineup includes:
- May 7 – “Big Miracle” (PG) – The U.S. and U.S.S.R. team up to rescue three whales trapped in the Arctic Circle. Inspired by true events. Drew Barrymore and Ted Danson star. Runs 1 hour and 47 minutes.
- May 14 – “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” (PG-13) – A star-studded romantic comedy that follows the intersecting lives of several couples facing pregnancy and impending parenthood. Runs 1 hour and 50 minutes.
- May 21 – “The Descendants” (R) – After his wife is seriously injured in a boating accident, an affluent landowner tries to mend his broken relationships with his daughters. George Clooney stars. Runs 1 hour and 43 minutes.
- May 28 – “The Change-Up” (R) – A comedy about a playboy and a responsible husband/father who magically switch bodies. Ryan Reynolds and Oscar Wilde star. Runs 1 hour and 53 minutes.
- May 1 – “We Bought a Zoo” (PG) – Based on the true story of a family that works to re-open a struggling zoo. Matt Damon and Scarlett Johansson star. Runs 2 hours and 6 minutes.
- May 8 – “Flight” (R) – A pilot is praised after his amazing safe landing of a damaged passenger plane, but soon his career is called into question. Denzel Washington stars. Runs 2 hours and 18 minutes.
- May 15 – “Crazy, Stupid, Love” (PG-13) – After learning that his wife wants a divorce, Cal Weaver reluctantly faces the prospect of single life with the counsel of a smooth young bachelor. Runs 1 hour and 55 minutes.
- May 22 – “Gone” (PG-13) – A women looks for her own past abductor when her sister goes missing. Amanda Seyfried stars. Runs 1 hour and 34 minutes.
- May 29 – “50/50” (R) – A comedy about a 27-year-old man who is faced with a cancer diagnosis and a fifty-percent chance of survival. Seth Rogan stars. Runs 1 hour and 40 minutes.
-- Information submitted by St. Barnabus. Have news you'd like to share with Patch readers? Email Editor Jessica Sinichak at firstname.lastname@example.org or become a blogger in our "Local Voices" section.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.