The Artist—the Academy Award winner for best picture—is part of the June lineup of free movies at the in Richland Township.
The movies are shown at 2 p.m on Tuesdays and 1 p.m. on Wednesdays at the theater at 5847 Meridian Road on the campus. All movies are open to the public.
The June 2012 lineup for the movie series sponsed by UPMC Health Plan includes:
- June 5—Albert Nobbs (R)—Glenn Close received an Oscar nomination for her touching role of a woman pretending to be a man. Runs 1 hour and 53 minutes.
- June 12—Man on a Ledge (PG-13)—This great thriller and heist film begins and ends on a ledge high above. Runs 1 hour and 42 minutes.
- June 19—One for the Money (PG-13)—The laughs never stop as Katherine Heigl plays a divorced and unemployed woman who takes a job as a bail bondsman. Runs 1 hour and 31 minutes.
- June 26—The Grey (R)—After their plane crashes in Alaska, oil workers attempt to survive against the wilderness and a pack of wolves. Liam Neeson stars. Runs 1 hour and 57 minutes.
- June 6—New Years Eve (PG-13)—An all-star cast portrays characters whose lives intertwine as they ring in the New Year in New York City. Runs 1 hour and 58 minutes.
- June 13—Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (PG-13)—Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are back in another great adventure to solve the case. Robert Downey Jr. stars. Runs 2 hours and 9 minutes.
- June 20—Red Tails (PG-13)—The true inspirational story of the Tuskegee Airmen who flew during World War II. Runs 2 hours and 9 minutes.
- June 27—The Artist (PG-13)—This delightful tale about movies, love and a dog is the first silent film to win an Oscar since 1927. Runs 1 hour and 40 minutes.
The Kean Theatre is operated by St. Barnabas Charities, the fundraising arm of St. Barnabas Health System.
—Submitted by Megan Hoffman on behalf of St. Barnabas.