Gently used items are sought for a treasure sale to benefit St. Barnabas Charities’ Pennies for Patients campaign.
Items may be dropped off at 1200 Curran Court on St. Barnabas Health System’s Valencia campus from 1 to 4 p.m. May 3 and 21. Additional drop-off times can be scheduled.
The treasure sale will be June 21 and 22 on the lawn at The Washington Place at St. Barnabas. Clean and functional items being sought include:
- Home accents – lamps, knick-knacks, decorations
- Furniture – TV stands, bookcases, tables, chairs, etc.
- Small appliances – toasters, coffee makers, etc.
- Kitchenware – glasses, pots and pans, utensils
- Children’s items – games, baby gear, toys, bikes, etc.
- Lawn and garden items – flower pots, tools, chairs, patio furniture
- Electronics – CDs, DVDs, video games
No clothing, mattresses, suitcases, computers, books or records will be accepted.
Those donating items may request a receipt for a tax deduction. For more information, contact Dianne Whetsell at 724-443-0700, Ext. 5328 or email@example.com.
The Pennies for Patients campaign is an effort to collect more than 3 million pennies to support the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund. In 2011 alone, the Free Care Fund provided more than $5.2 million worth of care to poor and low-income patients at St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas and The Arbors at St. Barnabas.
—Submitted by Megan Hoffman on behalf of St. Barnabas Health System. If you have news to share, please email Editor Cindy Cusic Micco at firstname.lastname@example.org