Invite a friend
Free Movies in May at Kean Theatre
The Kean Theatre, 5847 Meridian Road, announces the lineup for its Tuesdays@2 and Wednesdays@1 free movie series for May 2012. There is no admission charge. Both the Tuesdays at 2 p.m. and Wednesdays at 1 p.m. movie series are sponsored by UPMC Health Plan. The May 2012 lineup includes:
- May 1 – “Carnage” (R) – Jodie Foster and Kate Winslet star as mothers looking out for their children in this adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize winning play. Runs one hour and 20 minutes.
- May 8 – “Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy” (R) – Gary Oldman received an Oscar nomination for this Cold War thriller about a Russian Spy in MI6. Runs two hours and seven minutes.
- May 15 – “War Horse” (PG-13) – Steven Speilberg’s World War I story of a boy, a horse and a war. Nominated for six Oscars. Runs two hours and 26 minutes.
- May 22 – “The Iron Lady” (PG-13) – Meryl Streep won her 3rd Oscar for her performance as Margaret Thatcher. Runs one hour and 45 minutes.
- May 29 – “Contraband” (R) – Marc Wahlberg climbs into the seedier side to protect his brother-in-law from a drug lord. Runs one hour and 49 minutes.
More About Kean Theatre
Kean Theatre is a performance art theater that hosts various plays and musical acts throughout the year. It offers dinner and show packages in conjunction with Atria, movie screenings, Kean Idol, a talent competition, and more. All proceeds go to the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund.