Watch Video: Jackie Evancho and Family Encourage You to Get Flu Vaccine
Patch has list of places to get flu shots in Pine-Richland area.
With more flu cases popping up, it's time to get serious about your flu shot if you haven't gotten it yet.
Classical crossover singer Jackie Evancho and her family, who live in the Pine-Richland community, recorded a public service announcement encouraging people to get their flu vaccine.
"You’re not too old, too healthy or too late to get your flu vaccine," Jackie says at the conclusion of the 30-second spot.
Flu shots are available in the Pine-Richland area at many locations, including:
- Giant Eagle, Northtowne Square, Gibsonia
- Market District/Giant Eagle, Village at Pine, Wexford
- St. Barnabas Medical Center, Meridian Road, Gibsonia
- Rite Aid, 4155 Ewalt Road, Gibsonia
- Target Pharmacy, 550 Grandview Crossing Drive, Gibsonia
- CVS, 11240 Perry Highway, Route 19, Wexford
- Rite Aid, 10554 Perry Highway, Route 19, Wexford
The Allegheny County Health Department also offers flu shots at its walk-in clinic at 3441 Forbes Ave. in Oakland.
No Appointment necessary:
• Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays, 9:00a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Wednesdays, 1:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
The Health Department’s walk-in clinic provides flu shots as a covered benefit to people with Medicare Part B who are not in an HMO and may get vaccine from any Medicare-approved provider.
The charge is $25 for others, including Medicare Part B subscribers in an HMO who are restricted to getting flu shots as a covered benefit only from their primary care provider.
Do you know of other places to get a flu shot? Tell us about them in the comments section.
Please help us get to 1,000 Facebook “likes” by clicking here and “liking” us.
Check out some of today's other top stories here.