Be careful when you plan your travel on Route 19 in the Wexford Flats area of Pine Township this week.
Roadwork to apply the final riding surface will be happening from 6 p.m. to 7 a.m., Tuesday through Friday, as long as the weather permits, PennDOT District 11 announced Monday.
Traffic will be reduced to a single lane in each direction. Vehicles will be shifted onto the northbound lanes between North Meadows Drive and Longvue Avenue, PennDOT stated in its announcement.
Motorists should be prepared for changing traffic patterns. Access will be provided for all businesses along Route 19 in the construction zone.
Crews will be applying the final riding surface in this area, which is Phase I of the overall $18.1 million project to improve 2.33 miles of Route 19 from about 300 feet north of Longvue Road (near the top of Pine Creek Hill) to just north of North Chapel/Manor Road..
The safety and congestion improvement project will widen Route 19 from 42 feet to 63 feet adding a center turn lane, curbed gutters and sidewalks.
New, improved traffic signals will be added at eight intersections in the project area. Overall work will conclude in late 2012.
About 28,000 vehicles use this section of Route 19 on an average day.
PennDOT's prime contractor for the project is the Golden Triangle Construction Co. Inc. of Imperial.
To register for the project email list, send an email to email@example.com with “Subscribe – Route 19 Wexford Flats” in the subject line.
See More on Patch
- Roadwork Shifts to Improve Northbound Route 19 in Wexford Flats
- Route 19 Wexford Flats Project to Begin Second Phase on Tuesday
- Weather Again Delays Route 19 Roadwork in Wexford Flats Area
- SECOND UPDATE: Route 19 Long-Term Lane Closure Delayed Until Monday in Wexford Flats Area
- Poll: What is the Most Dangerous Intersection on Route 19 in Pine?
- 'Great December' Keeps Wexford Flats Project Moving Along
- Route 19 Wexford Flats Water Line Relocation Begins Monday
- Congested Route 19 Corridor To Be Taken Down to Single Lanes for Wexford Flats Project
- Gas Line Relocation Begins on Route 19
- Route 19 Wexford Flats Roadwork Begins Monday
Most Popular articles
- Parents Sue Pittsburgh Zoo over Mauling Death of Their Son
- Coach Dave Gray’s ‘Sports and Courts’ Indoor Complex Coming to Pine
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Pine-Richland
- Honoring Maria: Pine-Richland Lacrosse, Community Donates More than $9,400 in Name of Student Battling Cancer
- Pine-Richland 2013 Primary Election Results