More than a month after a 17-year-old girl was reportedly assaulted while jogging in North Park, Allegheny County police say they can't prove, at least not yet, that a crime was ever committed.
"As of right now, we can't substantiate the claim that this girl was attacked," said Lt. Jeffrey Korczyk of the Allegheny County police. "Her injuries were consistent with a fall."
"The report is of a young female jogging in the area when an unknown assailant put a bag over her head and carried her a short distance into a wooded area where she was able to get free and flee," according to a statement from Allegheny County police on Sept. 11.
Search dogs were brought to the park to retrace the girl's steps, police said.
The young woman was taken to Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC for head and leg injuries. Korczyk said she was treated and released from the hospital, and returned to school the next day.
"The investigation remains open," said Korczyk. "We ask that anyone with any information contact Allegheny County police at 412-471-1200."
See More on Patch
- Nearby: Cranberry Mother of Bus-Train Accident Passenger Shares Son’s Story
- Franklin Park Couple Charged of Abusing Adopted Children Seek Custody of Biological Children
- Update: Police Say Speed to Blame for Crash that Injured Gibsonia Teens
- Four Teenagers Injured in Route 19 Crash
- Update: Seneca Valley Teacher Pulling Through After Plunge into Connoquenessing Creek
Most Popular articles
- Parents Sue Pittsburgh Zoo over Mauling Death of Their Son
- Coach Dave Gray’s ‘Sports and Courts’ Indoor Complex Coming to Pine
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Pine-Richland
- Obituary: Chief Richard (Biff) Baer, Northern Regional Police Department's First Chief
- Honoring Maria: Pine-Richland Lacrosse, Community Donates More than $9,400 in Name of Student Battling Cancer