Mattress Firm will open a 4,200-square-foot showroom this spring in Richland Township.
The Richland Board of Supervisors approved plans Wednesday night for the national retailer's store on Route 8 across from Grandview Crossing shopping center.
The supervisors voted 4-0 to approve a preliminary and final land development plan for construction of a one-story building on the eastern side of Route 8, south of Grandview Drive.
Zeden Jones, director of development for real estate developer United Growth, said construction will start soon and take four to five months.
Architect Gerald G. Weber said the store will be a showroom only and will not stock mattresses. The merchandise will be delivered from a warehouse, he said.
He described the building as having decorative red brick, a stone base and stucco.
Weber said he went before the supervisors about a year ago for approval of a Fifth Third Bank on a lot adjacent to the Mattress Firm property. He said the bank plans are on hold as they wait for federal approvals.
See More on Patch
- Richland Supervisors Award $1.2 Million in 2013 Road Contracts
- 'Brewpub' in the Works for Richland
- Emerald Fields Housing Development Gets Tentative Approval in Pine
- Nearby: PennDOT Rolling Out Route 228 Ramps Project
- ALT Reaches 75 Percent of $1.4 Million Goal to Buy Former Pittsburgh Cut Flower Property