A 23-year-old Rochester man pleaded guilty Wednesday to reduced charges of disorderly conduct and public intoxication for his part in a shooting incident in the Cabana Bar parking lot in Pine Township.
Northern Regional police originally charged Chad Catalano with a misdemeanor count of recklessly endangering another person and a summary count of disorderly conduct for the Aug. 25 incident in which he shot a gun in the air.
The commonwealth reduced the charges to summary counts of disorderly conduct and public intoxication.
Magisterial District Judge William K. Wagner fined Catalano $300 for each count and $145.50 in court costs for a total of $745.50.
Catalano voluntarily turned in his gun and permit and agreed to have the gun destroyed.
Another man involved in the incident—Catalano's step-brother Jeffrey Sypolt—will receive a citation in the mail charging him with disorderly conduct and public intoxication also.
Both men turned themselves in after local media broadcast their images and Northern Regional police asked for the public's help in identifying them.
Neither has a criminal record.
The two were leaving the Cabana Bar about 1 a.m. Aug. 25 when they had a minor altercation with a group of three people, according to the criminal complaint.
The victims told police they were near their vehicle when the altercation escalated and Catalano showed them a gun, the complaint states.
They said they wanted no problems, asked Catalano to put his gun away and he complied, according to the complaint.
Once the victims were driving off, more words were exchanged and Catalano pulled his gun back out and fired a shot into the air, police said.
Catalano told police he fired the shot to scare off the victims so they did not turn around and come back, according to the criminal complaint.
See More on Patch
- Report: Officer In Taser Incident with North Hills Man Plans to Return to Work
- Northern Regional Police Use Craigslist to Nab Burglary Suspect
- Hearing Postponed for Richland Man Charged With Killing Grandmother
- Two Men Identified in Shooting Incident in Cabana Bar Parking Lot
- Northern Regional Police Looking for Men Involved in Shooting at Cabana Bar
Most Popular articles
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Pine-Richland
- Report: St. Alexis Student Suspended for Making Gun Threats
- Five Things You Need to Know This Week
- Executive Decision: Pine-Richland Student Nabs Full Scholarship for PA Free Enterprise Week Program
- Chatham Celebrates Future ‘Dairy Barn Café’ at Richland Eden Hall Campus