How to Upload a Photo to Pine-Richland Patch
Adding photos to a story on Patch is quick and easy. You can also add photos to our Pics & Clips gallery.
Uploading a photo to Pine-Richland Patch is easy and quick. Here's a simple how-to guide for you to follow.
Uploading a Photo to a Story:
- Sign up/log in as a Patch user—just click on "Sign In" at the top right corner of the Pine-Richland Patch page.
- Click on the story to which you want to add a photo.
- Click on the link under the story's photo/video box that says "Upload photos and videos."
- This will take you to your computer files, where you can choose the image you wish to add.
- Click on the photo, then click on "choose" at the bottom left of your screen.
- Your photo will automatically upload.
- Now you need to click on the image to add a caption.
- Write your caption in the box under the photo—it should include information about when and where the photo was taken and the names of the people in the photo.
- Once you finish the caption, hit "return" or click on "Save Edits".
- You are done! The photo is now published on Patch.
Pics & Clips Gallery
If you simply want to post a photo on Pine-Richland Patch, add it to our photo gallery known as "Pics & Clips".
Click on "Pics & Clips" in the blue horizontal bar near the top of the page.
Here is the link: http://pine-richland.patch.com/pics
Then follow the directions above.
- All photos should be original, meaning you need to have taken them yourself.
- Photos should be in a "jpeg" format. This is the most common photo format. If you see an extension of your photo file that says "tif," "gif," "bmp," or something else, look for a way to save your photo in a "jpeg" or "jpg" format.
- Photos should be saved, if possible, at a medium size and a "resolution" of 72 dpi. If you do not know or have the ability to do this, don't worry too much. Our system does some "crunching" for you. But the smaller the size of your image, the quicker it will upload to our site.