Get Out for June 24th
A Cornhole Tournament, Free Patriotic Concert and more this weekend.
1) Calling all ladies! The Ladies Night Summer Kick Off Zumbathon will be held Friday night. For more information visit: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=150708828334218 or phone: 724-625-1636 ext 160 .
When/Where: Friday, June 24th at 7 to 10 p.m. at the Pine Community Center, 100 Pine Park Dr, Wexford, PA 15090.
Why go: Who would miss the biggest Zumba party of the summer? The party will have not only Zumba, but fun things like glow necklaces, disco lights and snacks and refreshments. There will also be a Chinese auction. Proceeds will benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Greater Pittsburgh and Southern W. Va.
Price: $15 pre-sale; $20 that evening.
Please note this event is for ladies 13 and older.
2) You can walk or run, but you will have fun at the 23rd Annual Pirates Family Fun Run/Walk for the Epilepsy Foundation of Western/Central Pennsylvania. www.efwp.org for more information or 1-800-361-5885.
When/Where: Saturday, June 25th at PNC Park Registration begins at 8 a.m. The 5k Run/2 mile Walk begins at 9:30 a.m. Tailgate party complete with the Pirate Parrot will be held after the walk/run. Virtual teams are welcome.
Why go: It is always a good idea when you raise money for a worthy organization while getting exercise.
Price: Participants are asked to find sponsors to raise money for the event. You must raise at least $30 for a participate T-shirt, but all are welcome.
3) Hey kids, want to dig for dinosaurs? Friday, June 24th, is the last day to register for Monday’s event! It wouldn’t be held until July 25th, but get it on the calendar now!!! Www.richland,pa.us or 724-443-2931.
When/Where: Monday, July 25 at 7 to 7:45 p.m. at the Richland Township Community Park – Volleyball Park across from the Barn.
Why go: It’s fun. Remember, this is in July, but you need to register now.
Price: $5 per child.
4) American, We Must Not Forget Concert
When/Where: Friday, June 24th at 7 to 8:15 p.m. at St. Kilian Parish Gymnasium, 7076 Franklin Rd, Cranberry Twp, PA 16066. Concert will be also be held on June 26th at 3 p.m. at Mars Alliance Church, Adams Township.
Why go: The Dreher Chorale will be presenting the patriotic concert AMERICA, WE MUST NOT FORGET, a musical tribute to our country. There will also be a video presentation “saluting all the values depicted in the song,” at the event.
5) 1st Annual Cornhole Tournament will be held this weekend! A fundraiser for the American Cancer Society, teams will compete in this fun, fast growing game. For more information visit Facebook: First Annual Sassy Sister’s Cornhole Tournament or 724-538-8894.
When/Where: Saturday, June 25th at 2 to 8 p.m. at the Veterans of Foreign Wars - Post 499, 408 N Washington St, Evans City, PA 16033.
Why go: It is great fun and raises money for the American Cancer Society. The event is sponsored by the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life at the Greater Cranberry Township Area’s Team – Sassy Sisters.
Price: Teams of two, $40. Spectator admission: $15 and includes refreshments.
6) Take a picnic dinner, your blanket and best gal/guy to the free concert at Hartwood Acres featuring Ruthie Foster, a wonderful blues singer. Visit http://www.alleghenycounty.us/summer/ for more information.
When/Where: Sunday, June 26th at 7:30 p.m. at the Hartwood Acre Concert area, Middle Road, Allison Park, Pa.
Why go: It is a beautiful venue and free!