CCAC Honor Society Plans Breast Cancer Awareness Events at North Campus
WPXI anchor Peggy Finnegan will speak about her experience with breast cancer as part of events sponsored by Psi Beta psychology honor society.
Events at the North Campus at 8701 Perry Highway in McCandless will begin at 9 a.m. in the atrium, where baked goods, jewelry and pink-ribbon gift items will be available for purchase. Information bags will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
From 2:30 to 3:30 pm., WPXI-TV anchor Peggy Finnegan will speak in Room 3002 about her experiences as a breast-cancer survivor. Also scheduled to speak is Ruth Modzelewski, another survivor of breast cancer and mission coordinator for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
Proceeds from a Chinese auction and other events will benefit the Pittsburgh affiliate of the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation. The program is free, and all are welcome.
See More on Patch
- 'Pistols and Pink' Provides Firearms Education, Networking Opportunities for Women
- Friday Night Lights: Pine-Richland Lacrosse Game to Support Student with Leukemia
- Pine-Richland Coach Who Battled Cancer to be Inducted into WPIAL Hall of Fame
- Four New Stores Opening Soon at Ross Park Mall
- Komen for the Cure Appoints Pine Resident to Board
Most Popular articles
- Honoring Maria: Pine-Richland Lacrosse, Community Donates More than $9,400 in Name of Student Battling Cancer
- Pine-Richland 2013 Primary Election Results
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Pine-Richland
- Primary Election 2013: Incumbent Katie Shogan Nabs Nominations for Pine-Richland School Board
- Who's Hiring This Week in the Pine-Richland Area?