A man charged with having sexual relations with a 15-year-old Pine Township youth he met through a Craigslist ad has been ordered to stand trial by Magisterial District Judge William K. Wagner.
Mark Doncic, 52, of Castle Shannon, was held for court Wednesday on six felony counts—statutory sexual assault, corruption of minors, aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and two counts of unlawful contact with a minor.
He pleaded not guilty through his attorney, Stanton D. Levenson.
The FBI also is investigating Doncic and intends to prosecute its case in federal court, according to a criminal complaint.
The FBI referred information about the encounter between Doncic and the 15-year-old to Allegheny County Police after receiving information from Doncic's employer, Computer Enterprises Inc. of Scott Township, the complaint states.
County Police interviewed the teen Sept. 19, court documents state. Patch does not publish the name of an alleged sexual assault victim.
CEI uses monitoring software that enabled other employees to monitor Doncic's computer messages and activity, according to the complaint. The company provided that information to the FBI, which also obtained the youth's electronic devices to corroborate his communicationswith Doncic, the complaint states.
Doncic answered a Craigslist ad for companionship posted by the teen, using an email address of email@example.com, according to the criminal complaint.
Answering questions from Levenson and Assistant District Attorney Jennifer Oneal Arnette, the teen testified Wednesday that he and Doncic emailed each other continuously throughout the day Aug. 17, exchanging personal information and photos.
The boy testified that he sent Doncic two photos—one in which he was nude and another in which he wore shorts.
He said Doncic sent a photo of himself fully clothed at a gym.
“The victim let Doncic know that he was only 15 years old in the messages. Doncic proceeded to engage the victim in electronic conversation about sexual matters," according to the criminal complaint.
Doncic and the victim arranged to meet Aug. 18 at the youth's home in Pine Township to engage in sex, according to the complaint.
The youth said he invited Doncic to arrive at his home about 5:30 p.m. because he knew his parents would not be home for several hours. He also told the court that they discussed what they would do sexually and that it would be in his bedroom.
After the encounter, Doncic contacted the teen and told him he wanted to meet him regularly for sex, according to the complaint. The teen testified Wednesday that their communications died down and then stopped, adding that theydid not meet again after the August encounter.
See More on Patch
- Nearby: Seneca Valley Teacher Faces DUI Charges After Near Fatal Crash into Creek
- Teen Charged in Richland Road Rage Stabbing Heading to Court
- Franklin Park Couple Charged of Abusing Adopted Children Seek Custody of Biological Children
- Police Use Surveillance Footage to Track Down Suspect in Richland Child Luring Attempt
- Police: Richland Man Charged with Killing Grandmother Said Archangel Directed Him to Kill
Most Popular articles
- Report: St. Alexis Student Suspended for Making Gun Threats
- Photo Special: Pine-Richland Celebrates Prom 2013
- Just Listed: New Homes For Sale in Pine-Richland
- Chatham Celebrates Future ‘Dairy Barn Café’ at Richland Eden Hall Campus
- Executive Decision: Pine-Richland Student Nabs Full Scholarship for PA Free Enterprise Week Program