A committee of 15 political and business leaders are planning the 15th annual Pennies for Patients campaign.
Pennies for Patients is an effort to raise more than 3 million pennies to benefit the St. Barnabas Free Care Fund.
Each year more than $5.2 million supports poor and low-income patients at St. Barnabas Nursing Home, Valencia Woods at St. Barnabas and The Arbors at St. Barnabas. Serving on the committee are:
- Kristi Festa, campaign chairwoman, UPMC for Life
- Linda Dankmyer, St. Barnabas Charities Auxiliary
- Deborah L. Evans, First National Insurance Agency
- Melissa Farabaugh, state Rep. Randy Vulakovich, 30th Legislative District
- Joe Fleckenstein, Levin Furniture
- Patrick Gallagher, Caps Lock Communication
- Jeffrey Gmuer, Clearview Federal Credit Union
- Mike Hritz, state Rep. Mike Turzai, 28th Legislative District
- Rodger Ketchell, Ketchell Jewelers
- Sen. Jane Clare Orie, state Sen. Jane Clare Orie, 40th Senatorial District
- Cindy Parknavy, WPXI-TV
- Craig Patterson, Turner Dairy Farms
- Denis Ranalli, Coldwell Banker Real Estate
- Carol Shreffler, First National Bank
- Lou Ann White, St. Barnabas Charities Auxiliary
The Pennies for Patients campaign is one of St. Barnabas Charities’ many fund-raising campaigns throughout the year.
Operating under the motto, “Pennies do count,” it seeks the support of school children, businesses, civic groups and individuals to collect spare change for needy patients.
For information on how to get involved, contact Debbie Panei, director of development for St. Barnabas Charities at (724) 444-5521.